Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mediterranean Salad


I love fresh vegetables especially during the summer time. So I came up with a salad that is healthy and very Greek. The feta cheese gives it the umph that it needs while putting olive oil into the mix adds some healthy oil that the body needs for digestion. I found that I loved the mix and am thinking of adding a yogurt dressing next time I make it. This is a recipe for one person.
1 ounce of feta cheese
1/2 tomato
1/2 green pepper
1/3 large cucumber
2 TBS. chopped red onion
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp olive oil
dash of sea salt
Chop vegetables into bite size pieces and mix together. Sprinkle feta cheese on top then add olive oil and lemon.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Cherie said...

How fun! I like that you are adding pictures to your blog. It was cute to see Jayden making bread. Mom! I found an AMAZING cookie recipe. You should give it a try!

http://hereistherecipe.blogspot.com/2008/10/strobel-cookies.html

It's a lady in our ward that made them and I was so excited to get the recipe. Enjoy! I love your blog by the way!

Keifers said...

Will you put your strawberry jam recipes on here? And your applesauce recipe? Thanks!

Extra Flaky Gluten Free Pie Crust

 This comes from Gluten Free on a Shoestring. 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Gluten Free Flour  3/4 tsp Xanthan Gum  1/4 tsp Baking Powder 1/2 tsp K...