Monday, March 16, 2009

Chicken Divan

Aunt Dixie was a good cook and I always asked her for her best recipes. One day she brought this casserole to my house and it was a big hit. My family has loved this recipe since. I would recommend cooking the chicken thoroughly before putting it into the casserole or you can even use leftover chicken or turkey cut into chunks.

2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 Cup of Cheese--grated
2 10-ounce packages of broccoli
1 cup of mayonaise
1/2 tsp. of curry powder
1 tsp. of lemon juice
1/2 cup of bread crumbs
1 Tbs. of melted butter
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts,cooked and cut into chunks

Layer the broccoli and chicken in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Mix the mayonaise, soup, curry and lemon juice together and pour over the top of the chicken and broccoli. Mix the cheese, bread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle this on top of the casserole. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this! I love this recipe, I've used it many times to impress my dinner guests.

Extra Flaky Gluten Free Pie Crust

 This comes from Gluten Free on a Shoestring. 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Gluten Free Flour  3/4 tsp Xanthan Gum  1/4 tsp Baking Powder 1/2 tsp K...