Thursday, March 26, 2009

Zelda's Fettucini

I mentioned to my friend Dawn Horner once that I would love to make a really great Fettucini Sauce and she gave me her aunt's recipe. It is the best I have ever tasted. Hope you like it too.

1 cup half and half
1 cup sour cream
2 cloves garlic
1 cube butter
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. marjoram
1/2 tsp basil
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 Tbs. flour
12 oz. Fettucini noodles

Cook Fettucini noodles in boiling water while preparing the sauce. Melt butter in saucepan. Add flour, garlic, herbs, and salt and pepper. Then add half and half and sour cream until sauce thickens. Add the Parmesan Cheese and simmer for 20 minutes. You may add cooked chicken and vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower) to this sauce to give it variety.

No comments:

Extra Flaky Gluten Free Pie Crust

 This comes from Gluten Free on a Shoestring. 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Gluten Free Flour  3/4 tsp Xanthan Gum  1/4 tsp Baking Powder 1/2 tsp K...